Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 3...

My photos are acting weird- I'll upload when I can...

Today we woke up at 8 to try to catch a train to Moutiers for our Tobogganing excursion but couldn’t find a route that would work so we decided to tour Annecy instead. We walked to the park to see the Lake Annecy which was surrounded by white peaked mountains. The lake was filled with covered boats just waiting to be untied and enjoyed. The weather was perfect- sunny skies, 60 degrees and light winds. We watched bikes ride by, dogs being walked and locals enjoying lunch. We ended up people watching by the lake for almost 2 hours, capturing photos of  the daily lives of Annecy locals. I saw countless bichon-frises throughout the day, none of which compared to my little brothers at home….

We went to Monoprix (France’s Target, as we called it)….our first pseudo-American experience, and bought lunch: bread, chicken, cheese, chips and a coke for under 5 euros!

 We toured the Annecy Prison- a museum in the center of old town that once doubled as a prison and a coin-making factory. We saw the original beds, kitchen and cells that were used from 1325-1864.

We searched for crepes after shopping around at H&M and Zara…..finally stopped at a small creperie in Old Town- I had a chocolate crepe with a glass of Chotes de Rhone red wine for dinner.

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Yummmmmm, chocolate and wine! Sleep tight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHOCOLATE! I bet it was good! Sounds like you are having lots of fun! Can't wait to read and see more. We miss you here.....it sure is lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I just saw this post today and I have to agree with Ang-it is getting lonely here on 18th Street...

    Also, I am trying to set up my iChat so that we can actually talke face to face! Maybe we should set up a time when you can chat and I will go to Mom and Dad's so we can see you!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete