Saturday, March 21, 2009

Trying to Keep Up...

 
Musee' International de la Parfumerie
we toured the recently remodeled perfume museum in Grasse today, the perfume capital of the world! I was in heaven!! We saw Marie Antoinette's travel case that included silver flatware, porcelain dishes, lighters, candles, etc. We couldn't take photos inside, but I did think of you, Katie when I saw it :) 
GRASSE
March 21

 
Beef Carpaccio for lunch today. 12 Euro, but worth it.
GRASSE
March 21

 
Potpourri in Grasse at a perfume shop.
GRASSE
March 21


Today I went with a group to Grasse to see the perfume capital of the world!! After the tour, we had lunch at (insert restaurant name here-I can't recall the name). We wandered around the city, stopped in a few perfume shops then found our way to Guy Bouchara's botique. It felt like a French version of Everyday Indulgence- his wife, Lynne was there and let us see their "laboratorie" - blending room. It was AMAZING. It was the motherload of essential oils. She let me look through her shelves, I found Chamomile, my favorite. I didn't buy any perfume and am regreting it thoroughly. Its available online, so I guess I'll have to buy it when I get home. I went with Tyler to listen to a "folk band"....it turned out to be one guy outside with a guitar singing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper. He got a decent interview out of him, but it wasn't exactly what we'd hoped for.
Yesterday we toured Nice, just wandered around until we found the beach. Although it was like 40 degrees and windy as hell, we took tons of pictures and videos. We went to the Monoprix to get bread, cheese and sliced chicken (we couldn't remember the french translation of turkey so we went with the "poulet"). I've had 3 sandwiches so far-so I spent 9 euro for 3+ meals...trying to save money for Paris.
I'm headed out in the morning to A. find a washing machine. B. find potential cover shots C. head to Antibes to see Market Hall
Wish me luck. Love ya'll!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments: