Sunday, March 15, 2009

I must apologize for my misspelling of Lyon yesterday, as you can tell, I’m not from around here.

 

I woke up at 6:30 to catch a train to Lyon, not realizing that the trains weren’t running until noon so we strolled down to Old Town in Annecy…stumbled upon the Sunday market- so wonderful. Cheese, meat, produce, clothes, you name it, they sold it. We took tourist-y pictures and wandered around until noon.

 

After taking a 2 hour bus ride to Lyon, my seatmate offered to help us find our way around the city, I swear he was a Godsend. Yani, a Swiss native, spoke perfect English and gave us a local tour of Lyon. We stopped by his flat to drop off his snowboard and luggage then headed to a local pub to watch the Rugby game- France vs. England. BIG RIVAL. Unfortunately, ‘we’ lost. BAD, but an enjoyable time nonetheless.

 

I just finished off a mayo-loaded ham baguette and a Heineken tallboy….haven’t had anything sweet yet, but hopefully will tomorrow! I’m off to bed...will say prayers for our dear friend, Yani. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! Can't wait to hear more! If you get a chance, email the fam.....

    The bubbuz are missing you! We are, too!

    Dad is asking "Who is Yani?"

    ReplyDelete