Friday, March 27, 2009

I just got back to the hotel after a long day of wandering around the city. We headed to the Latin district and found a market right by the metro station. I found some local artists there, bought some gifts and then wandered around the surrounding streets where we found lots of unique boutiques and restaurants. I was planning on going up to the Sacra-Couer by our hotel but I didn't have time to do that and then be ready to be at the Eiffel Tower by 4:30 for our group photograph. 

I can't believe I'll be in Tuscaloosa tomorrow night! I feel like I've been gone for a month! I'm so sad to be leaving France but I'm looking forward to my own bed, clean clothes and most of all, Taco Casa.

Sorry I haven't uploaded photos, I have misplaced my card reader somewhere between my room and another photographers- I'm sure it will show up when packing tonight. I did, however find my journal (hell yeh!) I thought I'd left it in the rental car from Normandy. 

Its been cold and rainy today, 45 degrees with clouds. I decided to wear flats without socks today-quickly regretted this decision within 5 minutes of leaving the hotel. I'll be sure to put socks and boots on for tonight. I've also decided that I should have at least one day where I'm not strapped to my camera bag-I've got the worst pains in my neck and shoulders from all of the walking up and down hill with a 15 lb. baby strapped to me at all times. I feel like I haven't seen everything I wanted to see in Paris, but am looking forward to a trip back to pick up where I've left off. 

Things I'll miss from France:
BREAD
Crepes- with Nutella, an enemy of mine until this trip
Cheap Rouge Vin
Accents
Cologne- contrary to popular belief, the men here smell wonderful
Trains
People watching


Things I WON'T Miss from France:
Bread
Language barrier 
Luggage
Cheap Towels
Creepy Latin women pick-pockets
Cold Weather
Walking 10 miles a day

Our flight leaves at noon tomorrow, and we'll be arriving in Atlanta at 4:30pm. The flight will technically be 9.5 hours due to time change but hopefully I can sleep through most of it. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone so if anyone's up for hanging out tomorrow night, let me know- I will have my phone around 7:30pm central time. 

thanks to all who have been following this, I hope its been some what interesting. I've left out many stories so I'll have to fill you all in when I get home. I will try to upload many more photos when I get home so that folks outside of Tuscaloosa can see what the hell I've been doin for 2 weeks! 

AU REVOIR! 





1 comment: